There are 90 children (maximum) in our school. The children are divided into 3 classes of 30: YR, Y1 and Y2.
- The school gate opens for our children at 8.30am. All children are expected to be in their classes promptly by 8.40am.
- Please use the side entrance gate from the car park to enter in the morning and pick up at the end of the school day.
- Class registers are taken promptly as the children enter their classrooms.
- Children who arrive after 8.40am are late and if they arrive after 9.00am they are marked down as an unauthorised absence unless there is a good reason for lateness.
- Punctuality and attendance are highly valued at Wood Street.
- All lateness and absence is followed through according to our attendance policy.
- YR children spend much time indoors and outdoors throughout their free flow organisation. Y1 and Y2 children have a regular timed morning playtime.
- Lunchtime is staggered between 11.45-1.00pm.
- The school day finishes at 3.00pm.
- The school is open for a total of 32 hours and 30 minutes each week.
Collecting children at the end of the day
If different arrangements for collecting your child at the end of the day have been made then you must inform either the school office, your child’s class teacher or teaching assistant. We will not allow a child to go with someone who we don’t know unless you have given us permission to release your child to another adult.
There is a community car park adjacent to the school. Please use this facility when collecting and dropping children in the morning. Please do not park on the road in front of the school as others drivers views are obstructed by doing so.