Mission Statement : Love Life and Learning
Our school is a happy place that has children at heart and in mind in all that we do. We strive to offer the richest learning experiences where everyone achieves more than they thought possible, within a caring, dynamic and appreciative ethos.
- Respect for children and childhood
- Build a caring learning community of children and adults
- Everyone counts and feels success
- Learn outdoors and experience the natural environment
- An orderly and stimulating environment that has a significant impact on children’s learning
- An innovative and creative approach to learning and teaching with an emphasis on developing children’s thinking
- Every child feels happy, safe and cared for
- Reciprocal relationships between children and adults
- Everyone has high expectations and a positive image of every child as strong, competent and capable
- Parents are valued, respected, well informed and involved
The core values at Wood Street School are Respect, Responsibility and Resilience. In school, each half term, we focus on an element of these core values. These core values are focussed on by looking at Empathy, Politeness, Honesty, Cooperation, Perserverance and Achievement.