There are 90 children (maximum) in our school. The children are divided into 3 classes of 30: YR, Y1 and Y2.
- School gates open at 8.40am and the doors open at 8.45am.
- Please use the side entrance gate from the car park to enter in the morning and pick up time.
- Parents are invited to come into school to change the home school reading book with their child each morning.
- Lessons start promptly at 9.00am so parents are encouraged to ensure their child has arrived by 8.55am
- Children who arrive after 9.00am are late and if they arrive after registers have been taken they are marked as late which counts as unauthorised absence unless there is a good reason for lateness.
- Punctuality and attendance are highly valued at Wood Street.
- All lateness and absence is followed through according to our attendance policy.
- YR children spend much time indoors and outdoors throughout their free flow organisation. Y1 and Y2 children have a regular timed morning playtime.
- Lunchtime is 12.00-1.00pm. We have one sitting with all chidlren, this is to allow children to spend time with their siblings as well as encourage the Year 2 children to become mentors to the younger children.
- The school day finishes at 3.00pm
Collecting children at the end of the day
If different arrangements for collecting your child at the end of the day have been made then you must inform either Mrs Dale in the school office, your child’s class teacher or teaching assistant. We will not allow a child to go with someone who we don’t know unless you have given us permission to release your child to another adult.
At each entrance door there is a class message book for you to write messages that are different from the usual organisation eg Tom is going home to Jamie’s house for tea tonight so he will be going home with Jamie’s mum.
There is a community car park adjacent to the school. Please use this facility when collecting and dropping children in the morning. Please do not park on the road in front of the school as others drivers views are obstructed by doing so.
All children in Y1 and Y2 have a weekly swimming lesson at Surrey Sports Park. There is a cost to parents for the coach. School subsidises the cost for all pupils through the Sports and Pupil Premium Funding. Lower income families have the cost further reduced in order for all children to access this sports activity.
All children grow their own vegetables, herbs and fruits. The children nurture these plants, harvest them and cook them. A contribution of £3 per term per child is invited to support the cost of the additional ingredients.